Pause reason: resource observer: not enough memory space

Hello! I just installed YaCy on Rock64 with 4 gigabytes of RAM, Debian 10 and OJDK 11. The DATA directory is on a spinning disk drive with 5 terabytes of size and the server has a public IPv4.

The wiki states that 256 megabytes of RAM is sufficient, the German page lists the recommendation at 1000 megabytes. I at first left the default Xmx at 600 megabytes, but my crawler died after 10k pages with the message “pause reason: resource observer: not enough memory space”. I still had 2 gigabytes of available RAM so I restarted YaCy and set the limit to 1000 megabytes, and after a couplo of hours crawler died again at 33k pages with message “pause reason: resource observer: not enough memory space”.

What are the recommeneded operating resources at which YaCy crawler does not die? How can I make sure that the crawler restarts automatically afterwards?

Thanks!

I haven’t checked lately but I sometimes test YaCy on a server with 2GB RAM and it isnt quite enough.
i tested it on my desktop with 8GB Ram and theres no complaints. Like I said, I havent checked lately but my assumption is you need about 4GB. I get the same with 2GB Ram