Hoping for information regarding search results filters

I tried to find posts relating to safe search but failed. My question is this: Is it possible to filter results from a YaCy search so that, for example, sites with adult content are filtered out?, or another example might be sites where drugs or violence are a predominant theme? If it is possible, could someone please point me in the right direction so I can begin to figure it out?
Thank you for any help you can provide

We have the ability to generate search filters based on a given vocabulary. Those filters are supposed to work as exclusive-in which is not what you probably want.

If you want a specific (set of) domain(s) in the search result, you must run in portal mode and put those domains inside yourself.

We have also a blacklist functionality which you can use to filter out all given domains during crawling. That also requires that you organize these filters yourself but you can also import blacklists from other peers. However other peer users may have very specific preferences for filters, like some people prefer to filter out shopping portals.

So the overall answer is: you can do many things by moderation, but you must do this yourself. We do not have by-default filter lists.

Sidenote: Many years ago I actually tried to get in contact with the german “Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien” department (somewhat like a non-adult censoring department) for a collaboration to be able to actually provide such a thing that you asked for. They did not wanted to work with us (well in some way but they asked for a permanent employee - lawyer in our ‘company’ (there was not such thing) and a money deposit and a contract with fines and such). I offered to implement an anonymization technique for blacklists but they did not understand what I explained.

Interesting post, and it certainly gives me the start I was looking for
Thank you for that.

I offered to implement an anonymization technique for blacklists but they did not understand what I explained.

always the way with quasi-political groups