Data Studio App Development
To start developing your own, just clone the repository from https://github.com/yacy/searchlab_apps
and open any of the
index.html files within the app project inside the
Each of those apps should work fine without hosting the html pages with
a web server. Just open the corresponding
index.html in your browser for
testing. You also don't need to run your own Searchlab instance, the apps
connect to the server at https://searchlab.eu
If you want to develop your own search apps, you can easily modify/extend any of the given app.
We recommend to start with the
just make a copy of it!
Integration with your own Searchlab instance
There is no need to install your own Searchlab instance for app development, however if you contribute to the Searchlab APIs, then you must set-up your own development environment.
- For Searchlab development and/or packaging, clone the repository https://github.com/yacy/searchlab_apps aside the repository of searchlab. The build process will expect that the searchlab_apps path is in parallel
- To use your own search server, run a searchlab instance and modify the path
to your instance in
Contributing Your Own Apps
If you like please give us a pull request with your new app! We love to extend the searchlab apps with community-created content.
To do so, please..
- Create a new subfolder within
htdocswith the name of your app
- Create a app.json and fill it with an app description using at least
the same fields as used in
htdocs/websearch_list/app.json. The app.json is used within https://searchlab.eu to show a proper visualization of your app.
- You must create a
index.htmlfile within your app folder.
- You must create a
screenshot.pngfile with the exact size of 1024x1024. The image should not contain any transparency and it should show a mostly proper screenshot of your app when it is producing something useful for the user.
- You can use all
jscode as given in
htdocs/js, but you MUST NOT add any files to those directories. If you need any other
jscode, please link them directly from the internet or add those to your app folder in a separate
js-path within your app folder.
- Your App must be published under the CC0 license.
- Make a pull request where only files within your app folder is added/modified, not anything else.
Everything that is merged to this repository will be pushed to https://searchlab.eu and can then be used there.